Organized by The Goi Peace Foundation
This annual essay contest is organized in an effort to harness the energy, imagination and initiative of the world’s youth in promoting a culture of peace and sustainable development. It also aims to inspire society to learn from the young minds and to think about how each of us can make a difference in the world.
*This program is an activity of the UNESCO Global Action Programme (GAP) on Education for Sustainable Development (ESD).
Theme: “Education to Build a Better Future for All”
We live in a world with many complex problems, both local and global. What kind of education and learning would help us address these challenges and create a sustainable world and a better life for all? Describe your concrete ideas for an ideal education.
- Essays may be submitted by anyone up to 25 years old (as of June 15, 2016) in one of the following age categories: a) Children (ages up to 14) OR b) Youth (ages 15 – 25)
- Essays must be 700 words or less in English, French, Spanish or German, or 1600 characters or less in Japanese, excluding essay title. Essays may be typed or printed.
- Essays must have a cover page indicating (1) category (Children or Youth) (2) essay title (3) your name (4) address (5) phone number (6) e-mail (7) nationality (8) age as of June 15, 2016 (9) gender (10) school name (if applicable) (11) word count.
- Entries may be submitted by postal mail or through the online registration page.
Deadline: Entries must be received by June 15, 2016 (23:59 your local time).
* For inquiries, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org