LCC International University is seeking English language teachers with a heart for teenagers to engage in the Summer Language Institute.
The Summer Language Institute is a three week program for European youth, primarily ages 14-24. Nearly 300 students come from Lithuania, Latvia, Poland, Ukraine and Russia to live together and to study English. Most students are intermediate to advanced learners, but the program accepts learners with any level of English ability. Classes run 6 hours a day for students; teachers teach either in the morning or the afternoon and participate in conversation groups and homework sessions in the evenings. A team of Student Life staff organize a range of healthy activities (sports, movies, games) in the late afternoons and evenings as well as provide supervision in the dormitories. LCC provides ground transportation to/ from local airports and housing on campus in dormitories; Teachers pay their round trip airfare and their own expenses on site. It’s a very intense, fast paced month; if you have creative ideas for engaging youth in language learning, please consider volunteering!
There is plenty of information on the SLI web page: http://lccslilithuania.wordpress.com/
Check it out and find a Handbook for Teachers, which includes many details like housing, local transportation, migration issues and instructional technology in the classrooms.
- Complete the on- line inquiry form at http://www.lcc.lt/teaching-application-process.
- Then our recruiters will send you more information and they will ask you to send us your CV and complete an application form. Completing the application form helps us get to know you and match your gifts of teaching with our needs for teachers; completing the application form is not a final commitment on your part, just one step in the process. It lets us know that you are seriously interested in teaching in Lithuania for the summer. And we will collect information from two professional references.
- The next step is a SKYPE interview with the SLI director.
- Then if you are still interested and we have agreed to invite you, we will send you an invitation letter.
- We will also send you much more detailed information about housing, teaching, and travel.
The dates for the Summer Language Institute 2015 are:
Teachers arrive July 6
Orientation July 7-10
Classes July 13-31
Teachers depart August 2
Questions can be addressed to Robin Gingerich (firstname.lastname@example.org). Robin has served as LCC as teacher and administrator with Mennonite Mission Network for 17 years.